Monday, August 23, 2021

Our Pilgrimage -- #37 - Time with My Father


One of the best things about doing all this walking is getting to hang out with my heavenly Father.  I was alone with Him for 3-hours, 33-minutes and 33-seconds today!

During the summer in San Antonio, I often water the yard by hand, just so I have some private time with my Father.

Many of us believe that we we have to do-do-do for God. However, Jesus had a different view of things:

28 Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” 29 Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.” John 6.28-29 (BSB)

Jesus even commended Mary for sitting at His feet listening to Him rather than focus on preparing meals, etc.

38 As they traveled along, Jesus entered a village where a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. 39 She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to His message. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations to be made. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her to help me!”    41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord replied, “you are worried and upset about many things. 42 But only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10.38-42 (BSB)

A while back, I was studying the seven letters to the seven churches and came across a passage that initially caused me some disappointment.  (BTW, this was several years before I did the assessment study.  Hopefully soon, I'll finish posting my observations for the remaining four churches.)  

But I digress ...

In the letter to the Church in Philadelphia, Revelation 3.7-13, Jesus says to the one who overcomes, 

"The one who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it."  Revelation 3.12a (BSB)

For some time, this verse bothered me.  I was thinking that if I was an overcomer, then I would be "STUCK" in the temple for all eternity!  I wanted to be an explorer!

To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before! 

As I meditated on this passage, it finally hit me.  What could be better than to spend all eternity in close proximity to the creator of everything?!!!

I look forward to every time I water the yard and every time I do a walk, so I can spend at least a little time with my Father, the creator.  More than any other think I can think of, I am excited about spending eternity getting to know Him!

How much time did you spend with your Heavenly Father today?

Are you ready for Jesus return and spend eternity with Him?  Contact me if you want help getting ready.

Walking deets:

  • Continued north bound on US 281 to about 4 miles N of Evant, TX
  • This walk: Dist: 15.62 km; Time: 3+34; Steps: 18,430
  • Total: Dist: 431.45 km; Time: 97+44; Steps: 520,081
  • Miles from home = 161
  • Miles to Wichita Falls, TX = 184
  • Miles to Texas / Oklahoma border = 177
  • Miles to Canada = 1405

Social Media Links:

  • http://www.tenminas.net
  • www.facebook.com/10MinaMan
  • www.linkedin.com/in/budabbott
  • twitter.com/TenMinasNetwork
  • www.instagram.com/ten_minas








No comments: