Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Our Pilgrimage -- 32 - Communication Challenges

Long Hot Road


I generally walk for about 3-hours.  For those of you about my age, I'm sure you remember what can happen on a "three-hour-tour a three-hour tour".  (Post a comment if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

So, there is a lot of planning and coordination that we do before each walk.  For example, I do a virtual walk using Google Maps and Google Street View to look for any bridges that I don't want to cross as well as other challenges that require preparation.  The places that Denise drop me off and pick me up are chosen based on the desired walking distance as well as good place for her to park while I get in and and out of the truck. 

Another key element that has consumed a lot of time, energy and money is ensuring reliable communication between me and Denise.  Since I am now walking in locations that are many miles from a town, both Denise and I each have two phones.  Each of our two phones is on a different cellular network.  All this gives Denise peace of mind as she tracks me up the highway.

Denise and I were discussing the communication challenges and she mentioned that it is like communicating with God.  On one hand, it is very easy, we study His word to hear from Him and we share our thoughts with Him via prayer.  On the otherhand, communicating with God often feels extremely difficult.  God hasn't gone anywhere, but we have allowed things to get in the way.  Some of these things are blatent sin.  Others are like the everyday challenges of life that we try to deal with on our own instead of including Him.  For example, for those that are married, how many times have one of you asked the other, "should I wear this, or that?"  If we include our spouse in such decisions, why not include God in those?  It may seem silly, but next time, try asking God which shirt looks best.

Are you ready for Jesus' return?  Are you helping others get ready?  Contact me if you need help.

Walking deets:
  • Continued north bound on US 281.  Now about 2/3 of the way from Burnet, TX to Lampasas, TX
  • Kilometers from home = 190
  • Kilometers to Wichita Falls, TX = 372
  • Kilometers to Texas / Oklahoma border = 396
  • Kilometers to Canada = 2176
  • This walk: Dist: 13.06 km; Time: 3+05; Steps: 15,790
  • Total: Dist: 335.57 km; Time: 81+14; Steps: 433,839
Social Media Links
  • www.tenminas.net
  • www.facebook.com/10MinaMan
  • www.linkedin.com/in/budabbott
  • twitter.com/TenMinasNetwork
  • rumble.com/user/TenMinasNetwork
  • www.instagram.com/ten_minas
BTW, I'll get back to the letters to the churches in Revelation 2-3 soon.

No comments: