Thursday, August 05, 2021

Our Pilgrimage -- 31 and Letter to the Church in Pergamum

In my blog on 2021.07.29, titled, "Our Pilgrimage -- 28 and Biblical Assessment of Seven Churches in Revelation 2-3, I discussed a pattern I discovered in Jesus' assessment of the seven churches in Revelation 2-3.  In subsequent blogs, I am going through each of the seven churches and identifying what I saw for each of the six elements of Jesus' assessment.
  1. 2021.08.03 - Letter to the Church in Ephesus [Revelation 2.1-7]
  2. 2021.08.04 - Letter to the Church in Smyrna [Revelation 2.8-11]

Assessment of the Church in Pergamum
  1. Authority Of The Assessor
    1. These are the words of the One who holds the sharp, double-edged sword [2.12]
  2. An acknowledgment of some good things
    • I know where you live, where the throne of Satan sits. Yet you have held fast to My name and have not denied your faith in Me, even in the day when My faithful witness Antipas was killed among you, where Satan dwells. [2.13]
  3. A condemnation of some negative things
    • Some of you hold to the teaching of Balaam who taught Balak to place a stumbling block before the Israelites so they would eat food sacrificed to idols and commit sexual immorality. [2.14]
    • In the same way, some of you also hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. [2.15]
  4. A plan of action
    • Repent! [2.16]
    • He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches  [2.17]
  5. A consequence for failing to complete the plan of action
    • I will come to you shortly and wage war against them with the sword of My mouth. [2.16]
  6. A promise / reward
    • To the one who is victorious [2.17]
      • I will give the hidden manna
      • I will also give him a white stone inscribed with a new name, known only to the one who receives it.
  7. Other Noteworthy Observations
    • None
Questions for you
  • How would you assess your church?
  • How would you assess the American church as a whole?
  • How do you think Jesus would assess your church or the American church as a whole?

Walking deets:
  • Continued north bound on US 281
  • This walk: Dist: 9.53 km; Time: 2+07; Steps: 11,839
  • Total: Dist: 346.51 km; Time: 78+09; Steps: 418,049

Social Media Links
I started working on a WordPress blog.  However, until I get it up and working, I'll post things on blogger.  Regardless, the URL hopefully will remain the same.
  • www.blog.tenminas.net
  • www.facebook.com/10MinaMan
  • www.linkedin.com/in/budabbott
  • twitter.com/TenMinasNetwork
  • rumble.com/user/TenMinasNetwork
  • www.instagram.com/ten_minas

BTW, the pictures have nothing to do with this post. However, I plan to use them again in a post coming soon. 








Looks like a large vacant field ... right?


Why ... would someone put an outhouse in the middle of a large vacant field?


No comments: