Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Our Pilgrimage -- 30 and Letter to the Church in Smyrna

In the post to FaceBook on 2021.07.29, I discussed a pattern I discovered in Jesus' assessment of the seven churches in Revelation 2-3.  In the post to my blog on 2021.08.03, I went through the letter to the Church in Ephesus [Revelation 2.1-7] and identified what I saw for each of the six elements of Jesus assessment.  This post will continue with the Letter to the Church in Smyrna [Revelation 2.8-11].

1. Authority Of The Assessor
    1. These are the words of the First and the Last, who died and returned to life. [2.8]
2. An acknowledgment of some good things
    1. I know your affliction and your poverty — though you are rich! [2.9]
    2. And I am aware of the slander of those who falsely claim to be Jews, but are in fact a synagogue of Satan. [2.9]
3. A condemnation of some negative things
    1. NONE
4. A plan of action
    1. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Look, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison to test you, and you will suffer tribulation for ten days.  [2.10]
    2. Be faithful even unto death. [2.10]
    3. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches  [2.11]
5. A consequence for failing to complete the plan of action
    1. NONE
6. A promise / reward
    1. I will give you the crown of life. [2.10]
    2. The one who is victorious will not be harmed by the second death. [2.11]
7. Other Noteworthy Observations
    1. No mention any negative behavior
    2. No consequence for failing to complete the plan of action

How would you assess your church?
How would you assess the American church as a whole?

Walking deets:
Continued north bound on US 281 to Sioux-Per Propane (The marker on Google Maps is just a few miles north of Burnet, but the business address is in North Dakota)

This walk: Dist: 14.40 km; Time: 3+38; Steps: 17,700
Total: Dist: 336.98 km; Time: 76+02; Steps: 406,210

#BeReady #ComeLordJesus #pilgrimage #US281 #Texas #Burnet #HoneyCreek #church #Revelation #assessment #Smyrna 

Social Media Links
I started working on a WordPress blog.  However, until I get it up and working, I'll post things on blogger.  Regardless, the URL hopefully will remain the same.

www.blog.tenminas.net
www.facebook.com/10MinaMan
www.linkedin.com/in/budabbott
twitter.com/TenMinasNetwork
rumble.com/user/TenMinasNetwork
www.instagram.com/ten_minas

BTW, the pictures have nothing to do with the post.  I hope you enjoy them.



I had to cross the Delaware.  It wasn't nearly as cold as when Washington did it
   


I found it interesting that the fire hydrant was so far past the other utilities



I walked through some really tall grass that was up to my waist



I walked through a portion of Hamilton Creek Park



Another view of Hamilton Creek Park



Made it past Burnet!



Saw this rock that appeared to be point NORTH!!



Lots more highway ahead!

No comments: