Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Our Pilgrimage -- 29 and letter to the Church in Ephesus

In my last post, I discussed a pattern I discovered in Jesus' assessment of the seven churches in Revelation 2-3.  In this post, I will go through the letter to the Church in Ephesus [Revelation 2.1-7] and identify what I saw for each of the six elements of Jesus assessment.

1. Authority Of The Assessor
    1. These are the words of Him who holds the seven stars in His right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. [2.1]
2. An acknowledgment of some good things
    1. Deeds, your labor, and your perseverance [2.2]
    2. Cannot tolerate those who are evil [2.2]
    3. Have tested and exposed as liars those who falsely claim to be apostles [2.2]
    4. Without growing weary, you have persevered and endured many things for the sake of My name. [2.3]
    5. Hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate [2.6]
3. A condemnation of some negative things
    1. Have abandoned your first love [2.4]
4. A plan of action
    1. Keep in mind how far you have fallen [2.5]
    2. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first [2.5]
    3. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches [2.7]
5. A consequence for failing to complete the plan of action
    1. Jesus will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place [2.5]
6. A promise / reward
    1. To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to eat from the tree of life in the Paradise of God. [2.7]

How would you assess your church?
How would you assess the American church as a whole?

Walking deets:
TOTAL DISTANCE > 200 MILES
Continuing north bound on US 281 to Honey Creek

This walk: Dist: 14.67 km; Time: 3+35; Steps: 17,971
Total: Dist: 322.58 km; Time: 72+24; Steps: 388,510

#BeReady #ComeLordJesus #pilgrimage #US281 #Texas #Burnet #ColoradoRiver #MarbleFalls #HoneyCreek #church #Revelation #assessment #Ephesus 

Social Media Links
I started working on a WordPress blog.  However, until I get it up and working, I'll post things on blogger.  Regardless, the URL will remain the same both before and after.

blog.tenminas.net
www.facebook.com/10MinaMan
www.linkedin.com/in/budabbott
twitter.com/TenMinasNetwork
rumble.com/user/TenMinasNetwork
www.instagram.com/ten_minas

BTW, the pictures have nothing to do with the post.  I just liked the pics.

I love the architecture!

This was the view at the bottom of a steep hill

Had to do a selfie!



No comments: